ESSAY COMPETETION GUIDELINE 2021
World Environment Day is celebrated every year by Gujarat Pollution Control Board. This year, an Essay competition has been organized by Gujarat Pollution Control Board as part of the celebration of World Environment Day. In which school, college students and others shall be participate according to the group.
Essay Topics are as follows:
1. Effect of plastic Waste on Biodiversity
2. Restoration of Ecosystem- Land /Water Bodies
3. Environment Conservation- My contribution
4. Municipal Solid waste- Challenges & Solutions
1. The winners of the essay competition at the district level will be decided by the District Level Selection Committee. The winners announced by the District Level Selection Committee will be given prizes as follows:
Winner Prize Amount
Second Rs. 1000
Third Rs. 500
2. The essay of the first winners at the District level will be submitted to the Selection
committee at the State Level. The winners announced by the State Level Selection
Committee will be given prizes as follows:
Winner Prize Amoun
Second Rs. 2000
Third Rs. 1000
1. Essay should be written on any one of above mention topic.
2. The Essay should be written in English. It should be neatly typed on A4 size page. The fontm ust be in "Times New Roman" of size 12. It should be limited to 900 words.
3. The Essay should contain the following: o An Introduction of essay topic Problem, solution, approaches, remedies etc.
Conclusion, which summarizes the work and analysis presented in the essay.
4. At the beginning of the essay the name of the participant, name of School/Collage/ Organization and address as well as the contact number of the participant, the email ID should be mentioned.
5. Following criteria will be used in assessing the essay: o Content
6. Only original essays will be considered for the competition. Previously published essays will not be considered. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay.
7. The group of participants will be as follows and accordingly each participant shall submit his /her essay.
A. Up to 7 standard Students
B. Standard 8 to 12 Students
C. College Students
D. Other people (no age limit)
8. Participants shall submit the essay in one group and one language.
9. The selection committee should have at least three expert members except the staff/officer of the Board. 10. Cash prizes will be given to each group in both languages Gujarati and English.
11. The participants have to submit ID proof of school, college and or address proof along with the essay.
• Essay should be submitted in a single PDF file between 05th June to 13th June 2021 on E
mail (District wise) given below:
District Wise E-Mail Address
પરિપત્ર જુઓ અહીં