Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship Online Form 2019-20
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students 2019-20
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship Online Form 2019 :
The scholarship implemented by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), opened on the National Scholarship Portal, scholarships.gov.in, for the Academic Year 2019-20. Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for College and University Students is a centrally-funded merit-cum-means scholarship initiated by the Department of Higher Education of MHRD. Started with the objective to financially assist students of economically underprivileged families, Central Sector Scholarship scheme is disbursed among a total of 82,000 graduate/postgraduate students every year. This scholarship is given in equal proportion to boys and girls, i.e., 41,000 of the total number of scholarships are reserved for boys and the other 41,000 are for girl candidates. The selected students receive an annual scholarship amount of up to INR 20,000 so that they could meet their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies. A detailed description of the Central Sector Scholarship scheme can be found below. Complete details regarding scholarship objective, key dates, eligibility conditions, awards and application process are highlighted in this article. Find a brief account of these details in the table given below.
Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development Department of Higher Education (Scholarship Bureau) GUIDELINES CENTRAL SECTOR SCHEME OF SCHOLARSHIP FOR COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY STUDENTS AUGUST, 2019 Department of Higher Education Scholarship Bureau (National Scholarship Division) GUIDELINES FOR THE CENTRAL SECTOR SCHEME OF SCHOLARSHIP FOR COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY STUDENTS
To provide financial assistance to meritorious students from low income families to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
2. SCOPE: - The scholarships are awarded on the basis of the results of Senior Secondary Examination. 82000 fresh scholarships per annum [41000 for boys and 41000 for girls] are awarded for pursuing graduate / postgraduate studies in colleges and universities and for professional courses, such as Medical, Engineering etc.
3. ALLOCATION OF SCHOLARSHIPS: - The total number of scholarships are divided amongst the State Education Boards based on the State‟s population in the age group of 18-25 years, after segregating share of CBSE and ICSE on the basis of number of students passing out from various Boards in the country. 50 % of the scholarship is earmarked for girls. The number of scholarships allotted to a State Education Board is distributed amongst pass outs of the Science, Commerce and Humanities streams in the ratio of 3:2:1. In case of shortfall in the number of applications, the scholarship slots could be inter-changed.
4. ELIGIBILITY Students who are above 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from the respective Board of Examination in Class XII of 10+2 pattern or equivalent and pursuing regular courses (not correspondence or distance mode) in Colleges/Institutions recognized by All India Council of Technical Education, UGC Act, 1956, Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India and respective regulatory authorities and not availing benefit of any other scholarship scheme including State run scholarship schemes/Fee waiver and reimbursement scheme are eligible under the scheme. Students pursuing Diploma courses are not eligible under the scheme.
5. RESERVATION Students belonging to reserved categories/weaker sections /minorities are eligible on the basis of merit, subject to Central Reservation Policy and internal earmarking. Reservations for the various categories are as follows : Scheduled Castes (SCs) 15 % , Scheduled Tribes ( STs) 7.5 %, Other Backward Classes(OBCs) 27 % and horizontally 5 % for Physically Handicapped / Persons(s)National Scholarship Portal (NSP) scholarships.gov.in will be opened for online application in the month of June-July every year.
Class XII pass out students of the current Academic Year, who are above 80th percentile of the respective State Education Boards (SEBs) are eligible under the scheme and can apply on National Scholarship Portal (scholarship.gov.in), before the cut-off date. Physical application would not be accepted.The online applications would be verified at two levels:By the Institute where the student Is By the respective State Education Applicant is required to submit requisite documents, such as [ Class 12th mark sheet, Income Certificate] to The Application which is not verified either by the institute or by the concerned State Education Board or by both will be treated as „Invalid‟.Merit list as per the State allocated quota would be generated from the verified applications.
7. RATE OF SCHOLARSHIPS: The rate of scholarship is Rs.10000/- per annum at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses and Rs.20000/- per annum at Post- Graduation level. Students pursuing professional courses, in case, where the duration of course is five (5) years/Integrated course would get Rs.20000/- per annum in the 4th and 5th year. However, students pursuing technical courses such as B.Tech., B.Engg would get scholarship up to graduation level.
8. PARENTAL INCOME CEILING: The parental/family income ceiling is Rs. 8 lakh per annum for all categories under the scheme and would be applicable from the Academic Session 2018-19. Income certificate would be required for the fresh applicants only.
9. DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIPS AND ITS RENEWAL A student will be eligible for the scholarship for a total duration not exceeding 5 years. A scholarship under the scheme is renewable on year to year basis up to Post Graduate level in the same stream (except for the students pursuing technical courses leading to degree at graduation level). If a scholar is unable to appear in the annual examination owing to illness and or on account of any unforeseen event, the award may be renewed for the next academic year on submission of medical certificate and other proof to satisfy the Head of the Institution who will certify that the student would have passed with required percentage of marks or equivalent Grade Point Average, had he/she appeared in the examination. A scholar would be allowed to continue/renew his/her scholarship if, he/she changes the course of study to a stream not offered by his school Board in Class XII (e.g. Law, Fashion Technology, etc.). Students changing their college/institute of study would be allowed to continue/renew the scholarship provided the course of study and the institution is recognized.
For receiving scholarship benefit under Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students, an individual shall furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar or undergo Aadhaar authentication. Till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, following alternative identifiers can be used:-
Aadhaar Enrolment ID slipApplication made for Aadhaar enrolmentVoter identity cardPermanent Account NumberPassportDriving LicenseCertificate of identity having photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on an official letter head; (viii) Identity Card issued by the college or institute or
Any other document with photo specified by the State Government:
Further, the students are required to have the bank accounts opened, especially, in their name for availing the benefits under the scheme. The scholarship will be disbursed directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode. The student can track their payment status from the template “ Know Your Payment” in the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) portal [ https://pfms.nic.in/Users/LoginDetails/Login.aspx] either by indicating Aadhaar number or bank account number. 11. PROCEDURE FOR RENEWAL OF SCHOLARSHIP
For students of Academic Year 2008-09 to 2014-15 (up to 3rd renewal) Students who have passed Class XII in the Academic Year 2008-09 to 2014-15 (up to 3rd renewal) are required to obtain the renewal application blank form from the respective State Education Boards and submit the same duly certified from their respective institutions which is required to certify:
that the student has secured 60 % or more marks in the previous exam,that the student has 75 % attendance andthat the student is not involved in any ragging
(c ) that the student is not involved in any ragging activities. For students of Academic Year 2015 and onwards through National Scholarship Portal Students who have passed Class XII and have received fresh/renewal scholarship through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) must apply online in the National Scholarship Portal (www.scholarships.gov.in) for the renewal scholarships. The 50 % and above criteria will be applicable prospectively i.e. for renewals becoming due from 2018-19 onwards. Renewal applications sent directly to the Ministry of Human Resource Development shall not be accepted. In case of any grievances/complaint regarding the above scheme the same may be registered to the following link http://pgportal.gov.in/grievancenew.aspx Contact us: National Scholarship Division, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, West Block 1, 2nd Floor, Wing 6, Room No. 6,
Number of Scholarships allocated to States/UTs under the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for University and College Students
S. No.StateQuota (per year)
1CBSE 54132ICSE 5773Andhra Pradesh *35274Arunachal Pradesh 775Assam 20026Bihar 56247Chattisgarh 13878Delhi 11629Goa 11310Gujarat 394411Haryana 159112Himachal Pradesh 46113Jammu & Kashmir 76814Jharkhand 187815Karnataka 423716Kerala 232417Maharashtra 741718Madhya Pradesh 429919Manipur18120Meghalaya16621Mizoram7522Nagaland17623Odisha273624Punjab190225Rajasthan397826Sikkim4427Tamil Nadu488328Telangana *257029Tripura23630Uttar Pradesh1146031Uttarakhand61632West Bengal594133Andaman & Nicobar3134Chandigarh8235Dadra & Nagar Haveli2136Daman & Diu1937Lakshadweep438Puducherry78Total: -82000* Note: - Bifurcation of Quota of unified State of Andhra Pradesh (6097) divided between the new State of Telangana (2570) and Andhra Pradesh (3527) vide letter no. 1-42/2014-NS-I (AP) dated 17.09.2014.
Central Sector Scholarship – Application Process
To make the application process easy and accessible for applicants, MHRD allows students to fill the scholarship application form online through the government scholarship portal, the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Follow the steps given below to fill the Central Sector Scholarship application form.
Applicants applying on NSP for the first time need to register with NSP as a new user.
Fill in all the required information and click on ‘Register’ to get registered. A student application ID and password is generated on the registered mobile number.
The applicants need to log in to NSP using the newly generated ID and password. An OTP is sent on the registered mobile number using which the candidate must change his/her password.
Once the password is changed, the candidates are directed to Applicant’s Dashboard Page, where applicants need to click on ‘Application form’ to start the application process.
The applicants need to provide all the necessary details such as registration details, academic details, basic details, contact details and scheme details.
All the required documents in support of identity and academic eligibility must be uploaded by the applicants.
Now, the filled-in application form must be saved as a draft so that the applicant can check every detail once again to make sure they are correct.
Finally, the candidate must click on ‘Submit’ button to submit the completed scholarship application form.
Note: These online scholarships submitted by the candidates are verified at two levels – one at institute level where the candidate is studying and the other at education board level through which the candidate passed his/her class 12 exam.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship Online Form 2019-20